Teeth naturally darken with age and their appearance can also be affected by consuming certain foods which contain colorants or by the accumulation of surface stains produced by tobacco. Teeth whitening is the classic technique to create a beautiful smile with bright white teeth. It is a quick treatment with immediate results, which is one of the reasons for its surge in popularity. Our professional whitening systems are far more effective than anything you will find at your local store. All the products we offer have been proven safe and effective, and they provide long-lasting results. The procedure can be done either in-office or at home and it is completely painless. Our recommended treatment consists of the combination of one whitening LED-based session in our dental clinics, followed by night splints at home for several days. This double action will improve the bleaching results, while also maintaining the whiteness for longer.
The Process of Professional Teeth Whitening
- The dentist will first assess you to ensure that the bleaching process is suitable for your teeth and then decide between the different options available.
- The dentist will clean the plaque and tartar if necessary and also check up if all of your teeth are healed, all cavities are treated and filled.
- The dentist will apply either a protective gel to your gums or a rubber shield to protect your gums. Bleach is then applied to the teeth.
- A special light or laser might be used to enhance the action of the whitening agent.
- The dentists clean the gel, removes the protective layer from your gums and rinses your mouth.
After a whitening treatment, some people may find that their teeth become sensitive to hot or cold products during the ensuing days. These symptoms are temporary and tend to disappear after a few days. Remember that tooth whitening should be done only under a dentist’s care. Moreover, using whitening treatments without a dentist’s care can lead to some undesirable side effects.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
- It’s painless. Because we use an impulse laser beam, the enamel and the deep layers of the tissue do not heat up. Gums ( gingiva ) don’t get irritated as the laser beam is pointed directly at the tooth and the gum area is protected with a special gel.
- It’s safe. At every moment the doctor has full control of the length and the power of the laser beam, and surrounding tissue is not affected.
- It’s effective. The procedure is quick and the results visible within 24 hours.
SaveMake an Appointment Today!